"From Waving Palms to Waving Nails!" -- Message Title
(Luke 19: 28 - 44)
1) The 1st reason is that their faith was "self-centered" instead of being "Christ-centered"
There are 2 reasons why the people praised Jesus as He passed by:-
a) Because of His miracles, in other words, He was able to serve them!
b) They saw in Jesus a way to be politically delivered from the Romans
"Cultural Christianity" - To pursue the God we want instead of the God is.
Reminder: "It is God relative instead of God absolute"
2) The 2nd reason how this predicament can happen is when our faith is swayed or blocked by our personal trials and crisis.
For those more philosophical:-
"A committed faith takes the good with the bad"
3) The 3rd reason how the "waving pal, can become a 'waving nail' " is when we fail to recognize His higher purpose. (the end of v44 ...because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation) - [KJV]
Visitation = Greek translation (Episkeptomai) [epis-kept-o-ma-ee]
Literally means "to relieve" (The same was being used in Matthew 25:36)
i) Jesus could mean to bring judgement
ii) Someone visiting that city to bring relieve to the city.
a) They could not see Jesus' purpose because they had their eyes on their immediate circumstances instead of their overall condition.
b) You prayer will often becomes, "Lord, deliver me, help me, fight for me, uplift me," instead of
"Lord, mold me, use me, grow me through these things, change me, and show me."
Worship team has arranged the below this morning:-
1) The Praise Band - He Knows My Name
2) Don Moen - God Is Good - God Is Good
3) Hillsong - You Are My World - God Is Great
4) Hillsong - A Beautiful Exchange - Greatness Of Our God
5) Hillsong - God Is Able - God Is Able
Chris Tomlin - Authentic - Amazing Love (You Are My King)
(However, I prefer Christy Nockels version more... If any Chris's version request, feel free to drop a comment)