(Matthew 4:1-11) "Illustration of Temptations of Jesus"
1 Thessalonians 5:23-
Body - 5 senses. Blood, Flesh and Bones (World Conscious)
Soul - Mind, Will, Emotions/Feeling. (Self Conscious) [Matthew 26:38a]
Spirit - God Conscious. Conscience of Man. [Matthew 26:38b]
Why Jesus prayed the prayer in Matthew 26:39?
1) The tempter tempted Jesus in the Body. (Matthew 4:3)
2) The tempter tempted Jesus in the Soul. (Matthew 4:5-6)
3) The tempter tempted Jesus in the Spirit Realm. (Matthew 4:10)
** Our contaminated human spirit needs to be touched by the Holy Spirit.
(1 Thessalonians 5:23-) (2 Corinthians 7:1)
** God's spirit touched our human spirit that we understand the divine things of God.
(1 Corinthians 2:14)
** Moving beyond your body and soul and keeping your spirit in step with His spirit is very important.
1. A strong spirit keeps your body and soul in check. (Romans 8:5-6)
2. A strong spirit helps me to respond to situations in a godly manner. (Galatians 5:19-21; 22-23)
3. A strong spirit leads and guides me in my prayers. (1 Corinthians 2:10)
** He speaks through a thought or a prompting
** He speaks through a mental image or a vision.
** He speaks through a gentle voice in my heart.
How do I build a strong spirit?
(1 Corinthians 14:14)
(1 Corinthians 14:2)
(1 Corinthians 14:4)
Worship team has arranged the below this morning:-
1) Tommy Thai - There Will Be No Other (Original Composition from our church)
2) Hillsong United - United We Stand - The Time Has Come
3) Lakewood Church - You Are Good
4) Hillsong - God Is Able - God Is Able
Holy Communion - Chris Tomlin - Amazing Love (You Are My King)