"Why do you look at the speck sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to your own eye?"
There's a saying that often :-
* We view things not only from different sides but with different eyes.
Why can't :-
* We see things not the way they are, but the way we are.
4 common personal life that we are facing:-
1) If I have unresolved anger, I will see things through angry, critical eyes.
(1 Samuel 18:6-9)
2) If I have unresolved fear, I will view things from fearful eyes.
(2 Timothy 1:7) - [KJV]
3) If I have a negative attitude, I will view things through negative eyes.
(Proverbs 23:7) - [KJV]
4) If I'm cheat, I will see things through cheating eyes and so on.
** Whatever I see - the way I see it will always be twisted to match my distorted perception of reality and in so doing I will rationalize my every thought and justify my every action. **
Factors that distorted our perceptions:-
1) Family Upbringing
2) Environment & Circumstances
- Jesus said that if we are going to see things the way they are, we need to see the plank in our own eye & get rid of that!!!
5 Steps to breakthrough:-
A) We Hear
B) We Understand (John 8:32)
C) We Decide
D) We Do
E) We Persist in Doing.
Worship team has arranged the below this morning:-
1) Hillsong - God Is Able - Alive In Us
2) Paul Baloche - Open The Eyes Of My Heart - Open The Eyes Of My Heart
3) City Harvest Church - Sanctuary
4) Hillsong - God Is Able - God Is Able