Sunday, January 03, 2016

Read Scripture - January 03 (@joinbibleproj)

It's the end of Chapter 01! 

So far, I'm really enjoying this. What made even more enjoyable, whilst I was reading the word, I felt that the Lord was really speaking to me. So much so that He pours out revelation after revelations from the Old Testament in application of today's context which made it even more adventurous!

There were insights of the Bible that I've never noticed before were being surfaced. There's this feeling of Him sitting by my side, guiding me with His own word, teaching me with so much patience, I don't know how but I felt so comforted.

Genesis 8-11


A more obvious indication that clean animals are being sacrificed as an offering to the Lord before Leviticus 11.

Indeed, before Noah's time, all were vegetarians! The Lord now has given the power to man to consume meat with conditions. Warning of murder has to be accounted for! And God has given His covenant with Man for not flooding the world anymore even though He knows the nature of Man is evil by birth.

Now, the best part is, Noah's descendants is the starting point of how the people were scattered into the whole world. The birth of all the races of the world.

Secondly! The birth of languages from the Tower of Babel incident. Hold it! In Genesis 11:7, the Bible uses the word --And God said: "Let Us...etc"--, which was also found in Genesis 1:26. Is this the prove of the Holy Trinity with the involvement of the creation of mankind in Chapter 1 as well as the birth of languages in Chapter 11? Discovery 101, so good!!!

Psalms 3

While I was reading this portion, it felt real, it felt hard, it felt distress and distraught that Kind David's enemy is growing in numbers. He is seeking the Lord's favor in every single step of the way. I love this chapter of the Psalms, I can even treat this psalm to be my daily prayer. Although it's an agony in prayer, but it's so beautiful! The endearment of how King Davis is asking the Lord to be by our side and to be our shield for all the difficult days to come. So good! Amen!



I know this is long but I think it has it's significant!

 
Genesis 9:12-17
And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.” 

Videos to watch:
Genesis: Read Scripture: Genesis Ch. 1-11
Psalms: Read Scripture Series: Psalms

Disclaimer: Picture Illustration taken from "The Bible Project"'s video.

No comments: