Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sunday (18th March 2012)

Pastor has taken an extract from Matthew 7:3 to give us an insight instead of us judging, maybe it is ourselves that needed the spiritual self-evaluation before we put judgement on to others.

"Why do you look at the speck sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to your own eye?"

There's a saying that often :-
* We view things not only from different sides but with different eyes.
Why can't :-
* We see things not the way they are, but the way we are.

4 common personal life that we are facing:-
1) If I have unresolved anger, I will see things through angry, critical eyes.
     (1 Samuel 18:6-9)
2) If I have unresolved fear, I will view things from fearful eyes.
     (2 Timothy 1:7)  - [KJV]
3) If I have a negative attitude, I will view things through negative eyes.
     (Proverbs 23:7) - [KJV]
4) If I'm cheat, I will see things through cheating eyes and so on.
     (Acts 8:9-23)

** Whatever I see - the way I see it will always be twisted to match my distorted perception of reality and in so doing I will rationalize my every thought and justify my every action. **
Factors that distorted our perceptions:-
1) Family Upbringing
2) Environment & Circumstances
3) Influences

- Jesus said that if we are going to see things the way they are, we need to see the plank in our own eye & get rid of that!!!

5 Steps to breakthrough:-
A) We Hear
B) We Understand (John 8:32)
C) We Decide
D) We Do
E) We Persist in Doing.


Worship team has arranged the below this morning:-
1) Hillsong - God Is Able - Alive In Us
2) Paul Baloche - Open The Eyes Of My Heart - Open The Eyes Of My Heart
3) City Harvest Church - Sanctuary


http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7zlysswfk86gtdg

4) Hillsong - God Is Able - God Is Able

No comments: