Saturday, March 21, 2009

Prayer Before I Start my Work


This particular prayer was sent to me back in 2006. When I first read this prayer, it strucks me straight. Why? Coz while I'm reading it, I've realised that I'm praying it instead of reading it. Partly, I felt that his prayer was really written directly from the heart. Only now that I know it is written by someone named Kenneth Fernandes. And if I really have the chance to meet him, I really wanna thank him for writting such a beautiful prayer in a work place for everyone to meditate upon it.

One most important aspect of this prayer is that I do not feel a sense of self-centeredness in it at all. (which is awesome!!)

Alright, the truth is, I use to pray this prayer before I start my work daily. Usually, I start-off with "The Lord's Prayer"(very important horr...) then only this prayer comes along. Believe me, this prayer has brought me lots and lots of miracles in my life which words can't even described.

So, let's pray:

My Heavenly Father, as I enter this work place, I bring Your presence with me. I seek Your peace, Your grace, Your mercy and Your perfect order into this office. I acknowledge Your power over all that will be spoken, thought, decided and done within these walls.

Lord, I thank You for the gifts You have blessed me with. I commit to using them responsibly in Your honour, give me a fresh supply of strength to do my job. Annoint my projects, ideas and energy so that even my smallest accomplishments may bring You glory.

Lord, when I am confused, guide me.When I am weary, energize me. When I am burned out, infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit. May the work that I do and the way I do it bring faith, joy and a smile to all that I come in contact with today.

And Oh Lord, when I leave this place, give me travelling mercy. Bless my family and home to be in order as I left it. Lord I thank You for everything You've done, everything You're doing, and everything You're going to do.

In the Name of Jesus I pray, with much love and Thanksgiving... Amen.

No comments: